Applying for a Nonimmigrant Visa
Applicants should submit visa applications at least three months before they intend to travel to the United States.
Effective August 24, 2014, applicants must book new visa appointments online at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk. Beginning August 25, 2014, Call Center representatives will be available. This appointment system replaces the current appointment system of scheduling at Amex and Speedex locations in Pakistan. If you were scheduled to appear for a visa interview before August 24, 2014, were unable to attend your appointment and need to reschedule, please contact your original AEG American Express or Speedex office to reschedule.
New Non-Immigrant Visa Application Procedure
- Complete your DS-160 Online Visa Application at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
- Visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk and create an account ID.
- Pay the application fee using the instructions on the website.
- Schedule an appointment for your visa interview online at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk or by phone through the Call Center. This service will be free of charge.
- Appear at your selected location and time for your interview.
- If the visa is approved, applicants will receive their passports with finished visas through the courier service.
- If the visa application requires further administrative processing or more documentation, applicants will be informed of next steps at the interview.
- If the visa application cannot be approved, documents and passports will be returned to the applicant immediately after the interview.