Applying for a Nonimmigrant Visa
Applicants should submit visa applications at least three months before they intend to travel to the United States.
1. Complete the DS-160 nonimmigrant visa application. This applies to all applicants in Islamabad and Karachi. Click here for the DS-160.
Click here for important information on the DS-160.
2. Go to an American Express Bank Ltd Travel Related Services office, a participating branch of American Express, or Speedex in Pakistan (see a list of all the offices).
Submit the following:
- The one-page confirmation form (with legible barcode) from the DS-160;
- A current photo (within the last 6 months) measuring 2" x 2" with white background. The photo must not be retouched or altered. The skin complexion must be natural. The photo must accurately resemble the applicant. To better serve you, we recommend that the ears be visible. Click here for complete photo information;
- A photocopy of the applicant's passport valid for at least six months beyond the planned date of entry into the United States;
- Photocopies of the bio-pages of all previous passports for the last 15 years;
- A complete travel history for the past 10 years (Does not apply to applicants under 14 years of age)
- A list of applicant's sibling(s) and children names (Does not apply to applicants under 14 years of age)
- Other documents required for the applicant's specific visa category (click here for details).
American Express will schedule an interview date and time. All applicants must appear in person for the interview. There will be no exceptions to this requirement.
1. On the day of the scheduled interview, applicants must arrive 30 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time at the Diplomatic Shuttle Service, 3rd Avenue, near Quaid-e-Azam University Road, Sector G-5, Islamabad to board the shuttle to the U.S. Embassy. Applicants who arrive at the Diplomatic Shuttle Service more than 30 minutes before their interview may be asked to wait.
Successful applicants will receive their passport and visa from the American Express branch where they submitted their application. Other applicants will have their passports returned at the conclusion of the interview.