Reporting a Lost or Stolen Visa
If your passport containing a valid United States visa has been lost or stolen, please notify the U.S. Embassy Islamabad Consular Section immediately. Prompt notification helps keep U.S. borders secure by preventing unauthorized travelers from entering the United States using your visa and also protects your own travel history.
The person to whom the visa was issued should send an original letter of notification signed by the visa holder. Please include the following information:
- Photocopy of the visa (if available);
- Date, circumstances, and location of visa's loss or theft;
- Any action taken to recover the lost or stolen visa;
- Clear, readable copy of the FIR (First Incident Report) from the police station in whose jurisdiction the visa was lost or stolen;
- English translation of the FIR (recommended).
All documents may be sent by courier to:
U.S. Embassy, Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5, Islamabad, ATTENTION: Consular Section.
The alternate mailing address is:
U.S. Embassy, Consular Section, Box 1048, Islamabad, Pakistan.